Sunday, April 8, 2012

How Carmen Started Her Cupcake Business

In today's hard economy, people are whipping us ideas left and right, like they say and this is Carmen's story of a creative idea. Yes, Carmen has a Creative Mind!

Good Morning Rebecca! Here is a little blurb to your request.

I am #2 of 6 kids, born into a family of great cooks. My father worked as a head chef in an Italian restaurant along with my grandfather and uncles, so I always say cooking & baking is in my blood. I don't have a culinary degree but I do have a degree in life and a passion for baking! I married a man who was also a cook in Puerto Rico and together we cooked up a storm. My husband was called into the ministry of Pastoring in the beginning of our marriage. We have six children and 11 grandchildren. I always did something to make ends meet and since I love to I would make baked goods to sell and as fund raisers for the church. After all the positive feedback from everyone I thought, "hey I could do this for a living" and that's when I started "Carmen's Sweet Delights" an internet bakery. I did alot of research for the targeted area, I called the Small Business Administration, who provide training and direction, they are a very good source. Right now there is a cupcake craze going on and they are in high demand. I wanted to be a supplier to this demand and provide it at a reasonable price. We have a facebook group, our email address is carmens.sweetdelights@yahoo.com, right now this is how we get our orders and by text, (773) 885-8644.  I have been blessed with the outcome and now my goal is to obtain a little truck so I can also be a mobile cupcake business taking it where there are no cupcake businesses and everyone can enjoy!

Carmen Rivera, Baker & Owner

Rebecca, this is a condense version of how God has truly blessed me. I did a children's party that also caught the attention of a lady who has a consierge service, personal assistant, and she wants to feature me in a Constant Contact, she does monthly and wants to feature me as the "featured vendor" God is good!  Thank you! Be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Carmens baked goods are in one word "DELICIOUS"..I have not tasted one that was not DELIOUSCIOS...My personal favorite is the strawberry filled cupcake, banana cupcake and the butter and turtle cookies, although Carmen does have a wide variety, I strongly recommend her...

    ReplyDelete